2. Nonviolence is an effort to achieve a reconciled world by raising the level of relationships among all people to a height where justice prevails and persons attain full human potential.
3. Nonviolence attacks forces of evil and acts of evil, but never persons as evil. Nonviolence believes in the ultimate good of every person and seeks reconciliation.
4. Nonviolence accepts suffering without retaliation for its moral power toward achieving a goal.
5. Nonviolence avoids internal violence of the spirit as well as external physical violence.
6. Nonviolence believes that the moral arc of the universe bends toward justice.
Love is not emotional bash; it is not empty sentimentalism.
It is the active outpouring of one’s
Martin Luther King, Jr. 1957