Who Are You?
Next month the theme for Cosmic Cowgirls Magazine will be Identity. I thought it would be fun to revisit a Mojo Monday post from a couple of years ago that asked the question “Who are you?”
A few years back the fost-adoption agency I work for brought in a presenter for a two-day management training. We did some interesting interactive activities. I wanted to share some of them because I thought they might prove interesting for you to try at home with a family member or a friend. Additionally it can be interesting to try it in a group as well. The process can lead to some interesting discussions and realizations about yourself and those you know or think you know.
The first activity was to start off by pairing off with another person. Before we were given the question we would be asking we were to choose who would ask the question and who would answer. The question was “Who are you?” and one of the persons had to ask this question over and over for a minute, with the other person answering again and again, maybe with a different response, maybe repeating some answers. After the minute the partners then switched and went through the same process for another minute. Then finally they would switch back and forth for one more additional minute.
The next question we asked and went through the same process again was “When you are afraid who do you pretend to be?”
Following these exchanges we then gathered back into a larger circle and we then had to take turns standing behind our question & answer partner and introduce our partner as if we were he or she by stating the following.
Hi my name is: ___________
I am a ____________ person.
In order for me to feel safe I need ________________ from the group.
Later we did another rather fun activity. This one will require you to write down some simple answers and later I can reveal more about what your answers mean.
1) Write down your favorite color. Now list three adjectives for this color.
2) Write down your favorite animal. Now list three adjectives for this animal.
3) Write down the word “Night” and list three adjectives.
4) Write down the word “Water” and list three adjectives.
I will tell you more about what these mean below. Be sure not to peek
The results will tell you the following:
- Your type formula according to Carl Jung and Isabel Briggs Myers typology along with the strengths of the preferences
- The description of your personality type
- The list of occupations and educational institutions where you can get relevant degree or training, most suitable for your personality type – Jung Career Indicator™
Share your answers to the questions above and if you take the Human Metrics test come back and share your results.
If you take the time to try the “Who are you?” answer and question exchange with a friend or family member share what came up during the exchange.
Scroll down for answers to questions.
Answers to questions:
1) Your favorite color and descriptive words represents how you see yourself.
2) Your favorite animal and the adjectives represents how others see you.
3) The word “Night” represents death and the adjectives describe how you feel about death.
4) The word “Water” represents sex and the adjectives describe your thoughts/feelings about sex.
My results from the questions were as follows:
1) Fav Color – Black: deep, profound, inclusive
2) Fav animal – Lion & Eagle: Lions majestic, strong, confident; Eagle free, adventurous, visionary
3) Night – contemplative, restful, peaceful
4) Water – Source, life-giving, spiritual
My Human Metrics/Meyres Briggs test resulted in INFJ (introvert, intuitive, feeling, judging) which is referred to as the Idealist Counselor.